Friday, June 06, 2008

King of the Road


Nifong wants his guitars

Mike Nifong filed a motion in Bankruptcy for the purchase of his three guitars.

1. On January 15, 2008, the above-referenced Debtor filed a voluntary
petition for relief under Chapter 7 of the United States Bankruptcy Code,
and Sara A. Conti was appointed to act as Trustee.

2. This Court has jurisdiction over this case pursuant to 28 U.S.C. Section
1334. Venue is proper in this district pursuant to 28 U.S.C. Section
1409(a). This is a core proceeding pursuant to 28 U.S.C. Section 157.

3. The Debtor owns, and has claimed as exempt, a Paul Reid Smith guitar, a
Fender Deluxe guitar, and a Martin guitar (“the Guitars”).

4. According to two independent appraisals of the Guitars, the higher
value of the Guitars is $3,389.00. The Trustee is of the opinion that the
value of the Guitars is approximately $3,500.00.

5. The Debtor has agreed to pay the Trustee the full appraised value of the
Guitars, $3,389.00, in consideration for the interest of the estate, and a sale
of the estate’s interest in the Guitars to the Debtor is more economically
feasible than an attempt to market and sell the Guitars to a third party.

6. The proposed settlement is fair and reasonable and in the best interest of
the estate of the Debtor.

7. On May 8, 2008, the Clerk of the Bankruptcy Court gave notice of the
Motion for Approval of Compromise and Settlement of Controversy, and
no objection to the relief requested was filed by the deadline of May 25,
2008.
BASED UPON THE FOREGOING, IT IS ORDERED, ADJUDGED AND
DECREED THAT the Motion for Approval of Compromise and Settlement of
Controversy be, and the same hereby is, allowed.


Blog Hooligan Jezebelle had this comment.

I have a vision........

Mikey sitting on a street corner, leaning against a light post, an open coffee can in front of him with a few pennies strewn across the bottom of the can....... he strums his beloved guitar softly, mewling strains from a brief medley of "Those Were the Days My Friends" into "I fought the Law and the Law Won", ending with a few bars from the late, great Roger Miller's famous "King of the Road."


He also filed an appeal against Judge William Stucks's decision to re-include him the lawsuit filed in behalf of RCD.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He might also pick out "One is the Loneliest Number" as well sonce all his so-called cronies are deserting him like rats on s sinking ship.

ian said...

How does someone filing bankruptcy have $3389 to spend on guitars? Isn't the whole idea of bankruptcy that you don't have enough money for this type of luxury? If there were a way, I would pay $3390 (to RCD, of course) and take the guitars off Nifong's hands.

Anonymous said...

You just can't make this stuff up!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how to post on the Meeting Space. But I saw this today and wonder-- where is the evidence?

thanks Liestoppers!


http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2008/06/06/Funches.ART_ART_06-06-08_B1_9OADTJT.html?sid=101

Anonymous said...

I wait for the court to decide where i'm sleeping.
While my guitar gently wee ee eeps.
The boys all from Duke won their case, now they're freaking.
Now my guitar gently weeeeps.

I don't know how
Ms Mangum screwed me
I thought she knew ew me.
I rode herca ase ase
back into office
what happened to oo oo me.

The team dressed in blue's gonna own my possessions
While my guitar gently we ee eeps.
I need all my strings just to start a new profession
Still my guitar gently weeeeeps

I'll play tha su ubways
in Manhattan.
Accounts will fatten, cept mine.
Those boys were in in o cent
I couldn't hide it
there goes my pri ide again.

So now with my case bound to be my undooing
still my guitar gently wee ee eeps.
If only the boy hadda done a little screwing.
My poor guitar wouldn't wee ee eep
My poor guitars wouldn't weep.

Anonymous said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!