“In short, the admission of group-based punishment supplies a rationale for Justice Department intervention."“Imagine if, for instance, the Durham P.D. announced a policy of arresting Hispanics rather than issuing them tickets when discretion existed as to the punishment, because “experience showed lesser measures lacked deterrent value” with this particular group.”
"If what they say is the truth then they should have filed a complaint" and indicates that he “didn't see any reason to change his opinion that Gottlieb is a good officer.”
- Conducts photographic lineups in violation of department policy.
- Flees the scene of an assault.
- Takes a total of two pages of hand written notes in the course of a several months of investigation that he leads.
- Submits typed from "memory" notes that directly contradict his own actions, the notes of other officers, and other evidence.
- Threatens to deport US Citizens for violations of noise ordinances.
We can only wonder what’s next from Chief Chalmers? Perhaps a community service award for spokeswoman Kammie Michael for her role in the 911 Hoax is in the works.